Upgrade your D2L Capture product to the latest version; Capture 8.6 and below are deprecated.
Brightspace Capture is D2L’s multimedia presentation solution. It helps you use videos to create a more engaging learning experience by making it easier to record, share, search, and manage them.
In order to continue to provide the best experience possible we have begun a global initiative to upgrade all customers to Capture 9.3* for free, and as a result will be deprecating Capture versions 8.6** and below. We want to ensure you have the best Capture user experience possible, and that you continue to stay up to date as new releases become available.
Why should I upgrade?
Being on the latest version of Capture means that you’ll always have access to the latest features, including:
- Watch videos while on-the-go! Capture 9.3 is now built on HTML5, which means that recordings can be easily viewed from mobile devices and all major browsers, and FLASH security issues are mitigated
- Enjoy the streamlined user interface of the Capture Portal, which is redesigned to be elegant and easy to use
- Users stay better connected, even when their internet coverage may be spotty, with multi-bit streaming for both on-demand and live recordings
- No syncing issues and the flexibility to use third-party editing software
- Real-time audience polling for live events to further keep your audience engaged
- Deeper LMS integration for an improved user experience
- More detailed reporting that shows how much of a video a learner has watched
This is exciting! How do I upgrade?
Simply follow our easy process to request your Capture upgrade through Service Now.
Important dates for customers using Capture 8.6 and below
May 31, 2017
- Technical support services and software downloads for Capture 8.6 and below will no longer be available
- Supporting documentation for Capture 8.6 and below will still be provided in the Brightspace Community
Nov 30, 2017
- Capture 8.6 and below can no longer be used
- Supporting documentation will no longer be available in the Brightspace Community
- Capture 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 Release Notes
- Capture Upgrade Request form on our Service Catalog
- Resetting Your Password in our Service Catalog
If you have any questions, please reach out to your D2L representative or visit our FAQ.
*Capture 9.3 is the latest release as of the date of this blog post **Capture 8.6 was released March 2015