As of 10.6.9, the Brightspace Data API is available to all Brightspace clients.
The Brightspace Data API allows your institution to access analytics data from your Brightspace instance that you can leverage to build custom solutions and integrations. The Data API allows you to access aggregated data stored in the Brightspace Data Platform and includes (but is not limited to) data on:
- Course access
- Current user grades
- Daily assessment submission count
- Last content download
- Logins by role
- Tool access by course, role, and tool
For a list of all possible sets of data, consult the Data API Developer Guide.
In order to access the Data API, you will need to:
- Enable Brightspace Data Platform on your Brightspace instance:
- Log in to D2L's Helpdesk.
- Under Self-Service, select Service Catalog > Request a Tool, Service, or Integration:
- Under Other Deployment, select Enable Brightspace Data Platform (BDP) Integration:
- Enable the "Query Data Platform (NoSQL)" role permission at the Organization level:
- In your Brightspace instance, go to Admin Tools > Roles and Permissions and select the role you want to designate for calling the Brightspace Data API.
- Ensure that "Query Data Platform (NoSQL)" is enabled at the Organization level:
Resources for the Data API are found within the Developer Community Analytics Data Access space:
Comment below or create a topic in the forum!