Now covers API changes in Brightspace version 10.6.8.
Highlights from this update are outlined below. For a more detailed look at these changes, visit the API Documentation About page.
API New Features Highlighted
Version 10.6.8 Highlights
The following features are introduced in v10.6.8 of Brightspace:
- Learning Environment:
- Added routes to support Grade exemptions.
- In the unstable contract, added ActivityId properties to content topics and topics in the content table of contents, to indicate the underlying activity behind a topic in content.
- In the unstable contract, added the ordinal sort order of topics in the content table of contents, as well as start and end date information, to facilitate better presentation of the table of contents tree.
API Lifecycle Update
Warning: Upcoming Obsolescence of Brightspace v10.3.0
API contracts introduced with Brightspace v10.3.0 will be obsolete in late 2016. As of April 2016, support for these API contracts will, by priority, be given only to those who have signed a support extension agreement for v10.3.0.
This means that everyone on Brightspace v10.4.0+, as of April, will not get support for APIs that were introduced with LMS v10.3.0. Instead, they will need to upgrade to newer API versions as a first step to resolution if issues calling the older APIs arise.
Deprecated Brightspace API Contracts
The versions of API contracts introduced with the following specific product components are now (or remain) deprecated:
- Learning Platform - version 1.4
- Learning Environment - version 1.4
- ePortfolio - version 2.4
- D2L Web Services (D2LWS) - all versions
While you can still call the routes in these contracts on the versions of Brightspace that have historically supported them, you should plan to migrate to the new API contracts available on your back-end service with due priority.